Today there are more options than ever for a writer to explore. If you have a great young adult or middle grade science fiction or fantasy manuscript and you’re considering going indie vs a small press, we’d love to talk with you.
The contract for each author is unique, but here are some highlights:
- We believe we’re putting out the sorts of books that parents, teachers and librarians want to know about. We contact blogs, sites and reviewers regularly with new releases.
- We do electronic version first, and if market response is favorable, proceed to print.
- If you do move to a print copy, we have established relationships with Ingram and Baker & Taylor, and are working to add more distributor relationships.
- Money flows to the author. Dreaming Robot Press is not a subsidy press, vanity press, or anything else that charges you to get your book into the hands of readers. We do not require authors to pay any upfront costs. DRP covers all expenses of printing, cover design, formatting, marketing, and ISBN.
- Just because we’re small doesn’t mean the bar isn’t high. It’s possible we may like your story but feel it needs work. If so, we can suggest editors that we’ve worked with in the past – but they’re not affiliated with DRP.